Embark on an authentic traditional pirogue, the "King Seggae", with Wesley, listening to the rhythms of seggae (a mixture of sega and reggae), and sail across the lagoon to explore the mangrove channels of Ile d'Ambre, where you can enjoy a refreshing first swim of the day.
After a short walk (optional) through the prestine tropical forest of Ile d'Ambre, you will board the pirogue again to sail to the neighbouring Ilot Bernache, where you will relax on one of the white beaches of the island, while your hosts prepare your lunch.
You will feast on salads, barbecued chicken and fish, flambéd banana and seasonal fruit, while listening to some creole music, performed by your hosts. Drinks (punch, beer, wine, water, soft drinks .... ) are also included.
After a siesta under one of the shady filao trees you will head back to Grand Gaube after this truly authentic Mauritian experience.
DURATION: from 9h30 to 16h00, departure from Grand Gaube
- 2 100 Rs (abt. 55 €) / adult and 1 000 Rs (abt. 26 €) / child < 12 years, including lunch
- privatization of the pirogue possible for 12 000 Rs (abt. 316 €), please add the following cost for lunch to this rate:
- BBQ grilled meat/chicken/fish for 1100 Rs (abt. 29 €)/ adult and 650 Rs (abt. 17 €) / child < 12 years
- For an additional 3 000 Rs (abt. 79 €), option to get picked up by the pirogue on the beach in front of your villa (this option is available for villas on the lagoon of Roches Noires only).
- Option crayfish : + 1000 Rs (abt. 26 €)/person
Are you interested in this activity ?
CONTACT US FOR MORE INFORMATION !